Thursday, December 30, 2010

Feeling Well!

Namaste Friends,

I am finally feeling better and am able to eat food that is cooked in the traditional style (no more boiled rice and veggies only!)  This week was somewhat sad because I had to say goodbye to Pei Qi and I was told that no new volunteers would be arriving for at least a week, but likely Violet arrived yesterday.  Violet is also supposed to be working in the orphanage and we will move there together on January 9th.  I will be spending another week in the slum school which I am very happy about because I have come to love teaching the children there.

Besides attending school, I also spent a great deal of time this week with Merry and Cherry, my two Indian friends that live down the road.  They have been so kind to me and I am not sure how I could ever repay them for their hospitality.  Both them and their father constantly invite me into their home and treat me with refreshments and I truly enjoy all the conversations we have. 

Two other exciting events occurred this week.  Yesterday, a couple that is friends with my host family took me to purchase a removable network card for my computer so I can get internet everywhere!  I am now able to skype and call everyone at more decent hours and update this blog more frequently. 

Finally, I have some fun plans for New Years Eve.  Violet and I are taking a taxi into Delhi tomorrow and staying at a hotel on Friday evening, so we get to spend Friday and Saturday exploring the city a little more.  We are both excited for restaurant food and hot showers (this week the water was out at home and I am not even to tell you how many days it was before I showered!).  We love being here and living with our host family but it is always nice to go into the city for holidays.

I love you and miss you all!  Have a safe New Years.

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment