Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas in India

Hello Friends!

I am sorry for my lack of communication over the past week.  I hit a little road bump in my trip and ended up spending 3 days in an Indian Hospital because of a stomach infection and dehydration...not fun.  They released me yesterday and I am feeling better so hopefully when I am off my diet of all boiled food I will not get sick again.  Due to my stint in the hospital my move to the orphanage has been delayed and I will stay at the slum school for at least another week or two.  Apparently the orphanage I will be moving to is a good distance from the hospital and it is better for me to stay where I am at the moment.

I am starting to get a little homesick since Christmas is tomorrow and I keep thinking about all the family traditions I am missing, but my host family is having a Christmas dinner so hopefully I will be distracted.  Today Peiqi and I went out and purchased Christmas gifts and it was nice to see this one pastry shop we always go to really decorated for Christmas.  They placed a medium sized tree in the corner of the room and decorated it and both Peiqi and I took a picture next to the tree. 

This week I am hoping to make it to school everyday and avoid any more medical mishaps!  I am slowly adjusting to life in India and I am hoping as time passes it will only get easier.  Everyone here has been so welcoming and that makes it easier to be away from all my loved ones.

Please have a wonderful Christmas and New Years.  I love and miss you all!

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment